Planner/Scheduler & MRO - Manufacturing & Engineering Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Carroll, IA, US
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $6.4 billion in 2012.
The Dow AgroSciences Seeds Traits & Oils Business has two exciting and challenging opportunities for two small sites Global Maintenance Work Process Planner/Scheduler & MRO person. The successful candidates will be located at the Mycogen Seeds Facility in York, NE and the second at Marshalltown, IA.
The maintenance planner, scheduler and MRO person will be a multi job role. The person will use job plans to create a schedule that makes the most effective and efficient use of the available resources, a person who has the skills and knowledge to create a job package from a work order scope including required labor material and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work. This person will also be responsible for managing MRO inventory at the Site. The computerized maintenance management system will be ERIS for small sites.
- Uses “quality feedback” from the Person Doing Work to optimize the archived plans.
- Carry out field check when needed.
- Prepare job package and input plan into ERIS indicating the required resources, materials, and services.
- When material availability has been confirmed, store job in active backlog.
- Identify task activities necessary to execute job plan.
- Identify materials/tools/equipment required to perform tasks.
- Identify/solicit safety information and requirements necessary to safely perform tasks.
- Record tasks/information within the work order.
- Notify other crafts of their requirement to provide input to job plan (verbal, communication sub).
- Archive repetitive job plans.
- Consider constructability and maintainability when developing plans.
- Consider material costs when selecting materials from specifications.
- Utilizes the Most Effective Technology where applicable.
- Receives work order and checks for administrative completeness.
- Identify resource requirements for the scheduled jobs using the job plans.
- Build the “ schedule” making the most effective and efficient use of available resource and issuing the schedule.
- Initiates material movement for scheduled jobs.
- Identifies resource leveraging opportunities.
- Communicates with operations on scheduling status.
- Leads scheduling meetings.
- Monitors/reviews performance measures.
- Leads scheduling improvement efforts.
- Analyzes, (re-)establish and manages MRO inventory levels.
- Maintains MRO inventory records.
- Handles reservations and backorders for MRO inventory items.
- Sets up new items for inventory.
- Executes MRO inventory replenishments.
- Analyzes surplus/obsolete materials or equipment and initiates investment recovery process.
- Monitors supplier performances regarding timelines and completeness of deliveries.
- Performs technical identification of new and/or existing MRO materials.
- Acts as problem solver for technical aspects on MRO materials.
- Participates in standardization of MRO materials.
- Participates in "share the spare" process.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an agricultural and/or industrial setting using a computerized maintenance management system with spare parts inventory.
- Must have a general understanding of the OPWP and GMWP processes.
- Ability to take the initiative and work effectively on teams is critical.
- Demonstrated personal leadership, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills are essential.
- Strong Leadership, Interpersonal and Technical skills are required to coordinate and interface with many work teams.
- Practical experience with mechanical and/or electrical equipment is a plus as understanding equipment applications as they relate to a computerized maintenance management system will help when determining Preventive Maintenance (PM) and PPM applications.
Functional Competencies most critical to this job:
Collaborating for Superior Results:
- Required to communicate effectively and in a timely manner.
- Success will depend upon effectively working with people and teams at various levels of the organization within the specific Site.
- A number of engineers, technicians, operators, and contractors are involved in the maintenance work process; the applicant must interact appropriately with other team members and contribute to an effective team output.
- Must understand business objectives as they relate to spare parts strategies and obtain involvement of maintenance/plant personnel.
- Must communicate the spare parts strategy and supporting data to obtain organizational support.
- Provides a form of leadership/mentoring to maintenance technicians.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must overcome obstacles to achieve results.
- Identifies and minimizes potential risks associated with opportunities.
- Understands MET and implements solutions.
- Challenges the status quo in maintenance and operations.
Generating Customer Value:
- Is responsible for reviewing existing technology and work processes and continuously striving to streamline and eliminate waste.
Work Process Discipline:
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of the global work processes impacting this job (small sites GMWP).
- Expected to work at unit level in support of global work processes.
- Train and coach maintenance/operating personnel on the use of applicable work processes.
Primary Location: North America-USA-Illinois-Grand Ridge
North America-USA-Minnesota-Olivia, North America-USA-Iowa-Marshalltown, North America-USA-Illinois-Pontiac, North America-USA-Nebraska-York, North America-USA-Iowa-Carroll
Nearest Major Market: Des Moines
Job Segments: Agricultural, Industrial, Manufacturing, Biotech, Engineer, Agriculture, Science, Engineering